Search This Blog

Monday, April 12, 2010

2010 Movie Ratings...So Far...

OK I'm not going to waste hours writing up 8 movie reviews for the films I've seen so far this year. BUT...I will at least give you my grade and maybe a tiny tiny review of some of them. So here we go:

1. Legion. Starring Dennis Quaid and Paul Bettany. This was an expected dud. It had vague moments of being entertaining, but overall this movie was just so ridiculous. But at least it was mildly fun and laughable. D-

2. From Paris With Love. Starring John Travolta and Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Non stop mindless action. Should have been fun right? No. This movie was just way to much and fell way to flat. Travolta was to crazy, I miss his Face/Off days. F+

3. Shutter Island. Starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Mark Ruffalo. The first great movie of 2010. So ominous and mysterious for the first 2 acts. The ending was a bit drawn out and not all that surprising. The camera work was a bit to flashy, but Scorsese still did an awesome job at bringing this film to life. Leo is still one of the best working today, he's always reliable. Great movie, not amazing, but still great! A-

4. The Crazies. Starring Timothy Olyphant and Rhada Mitchell. This movie is just damn fun and damn entertaining. It it even has decent writing and some pretty good thrills. It gets a bit over the top at time, but it's still a movie worth watching for some good, not so clean thrills and entertainment. B-

5. Alice in Wonderland. Starring Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter. I didn't care to much for this movie. I was highly disappointed by it. I don't think it captured much of the magic from the original film. The whole movie was kind of one note and didn't peak in excitement much at all. It wasn't bad, just not a movie I really will watch ever again. Depp and Carter were awesome though. Best parts of the movie. C-

6. Green Zone. Starring Matt Damon. I was kind of falling asleep through most of this movie. I never really got into it, it wasn't all that memorable for me. Eh, I don't know. C

7. Clash of the Titans. Starring Sam Worthington and Liam Neeson. The first big "summer" movie...and it falls flat on it's face. This whole movie was really dull and just plain dumb. It had some great CGI and some cool action moments but ever action scene just falls flat in the end. The big ending is so incredibly anti-climatic. A movie that should have been exciting and entertaining was pretty much every thing but. But hey Sam Worthington is nice to look at....right? D

8. How To Train Your Dragon. Now THIS is finally the best movie of 2010 to date that I've seen. This movie is TEN times more exciting than Clash of the Titans is, which is pretty sad. Excellent storytelling with some pretty solid emotional depth and a great message for kids. Great animation and voice overs, with some really fun action moments. A big, exciting conclusion as well. This is great film making. This movie was fun. It was awesome. I loved it! A

So there we go...those are the movies I've seen so far...so stay tuned for more solid movie reviews.

1 comment:

  1. Shutter Island and How to Train Your Dragon--I must have good instincts--those are the only two I'd like to see! I'm so glad you gave them great reviews. I'm glad you'll be still doing your movie reviews. You're always spot-on.

    ReplyDelete