Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

2010 Review two-fer: "Don't Look Up" it's "Resident Evil" in 3D!

#58. Resident Evil: Afterlife 3D. Starring Milla Jovovich and Ali Larter. Rated R. 1 hour 37 minutes. Critics Grade: 20%. My Grade: C+. I have to let you know that before this, I've only seen the original Resident Evil film. I did not see the two sequels that followed and came before this movie. However I don't really think it means anything, because this fourth film has virtually no actual story elements. It is merely a continuation of the previous film's stories which I already have a pretty basic knowledge of. This is just another chapter of a group of people, led by Alice, trying to escape this apocalypse. Now we have a sequel in 3D. So the only reason at this point you go to see this movie is to see some great action and to be entertained. I have to admit, on that level, this movie works pretty well. I thought most of the action was pretty cool. We have scenes of slow motion action that actually fits the movie (unlike some other recent action flicks that attempt this technique). The action is loud, gruesome and just a lot of fun. Some it goes on a little to long and becomes a little to ridiculous but hey...that's what the film is all about. It's not trying to garner awards it's just trying to entertain it's target audience. The movie feels like a giant video game, which again...is why the movie works well. I didn't LOVE the movie, but I think it does it's job and will please the audiences that want to see the movie. It entertained me, bada bing, bada boom.

#59: Don't Look Up. Starring Reshad Strik and Kevin Corrigan. Rated R. 1 hour 38 minutes. IMDB User Grade: 42%. My Grade: F. I could have told you before actually watching this movie that I was not going to like the film whatsoever. I was right...but I chose to watch it anyway. You see...I just go on Netflix and add movies that come out in the current year (theatrical or straight to DVD) that might SOMEWHAT appeal to me, and I suffer through shit like this movie. I've seen a LOT of straight to DVD movies over the past couple years and this is probably in the bottom 5 of worst ones I've had to bear. Really stupid story, horrible (and actually so bad it's hilarious) acting...I mean there's not much more to say. This movie sucked big time, but I chose to watch it so it's my fault. Other people may enjoy it (although according to IMDB...not many audiences cared for it either)...but I certainly did not. Ugh!!!

2 comments:

  1. Again, thanks Mikey for suffering through the stinker movies for us. You are a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah hey...no problem...it's what I'm here for. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete