Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Worst Movies of 2011

So I've done my best of the year...now lets wrap up my 2011 movie nonsense with the worst of the worst of 2011. Again..these are just my opinions. Not everyone will agree with me...duh. That's the point of an opinion. Here we are:

10. Insidious
A great first half was ruined by a totally ridiculous and cheesy second half. Went from being a good movie to just utter crap.

9.  Fast Five
Don't give me crap for hating this movie. I didn't even hate it, but I didn't like it. I never saw any other one of these films, so that could play a big reason into why I didn't like it. But sorry...I just could not get into it. Oh well.

8. Sucker Punch
The movie certainly looked cool. But to me...that's all it had for it. A little to over the top and I just didn't get it. I'm sure plenty of the younger straight dudes, and the creepier old straight dudes and maybe a few lesbians will get a kick out of all the "hot chicks" running out...but didn't do anything for me.

7. Captain America: The First Avenger
One of the biggest snooze-fest "action" super hero movies I've ever seen. SO boring and bland. It had almost nothing going for it. Hopefully The Avengers will make up for it. 

6. The Hangover II
The first movie was fantastically hilarious. This movie is literally a carbon copy of the first. The only thing that changed was the location. A lot of the same EXACT jokes and almost identical scenes. I barely laughed. But I wasn't the only one. The audience I was with was one of the quietest I've ever seen in a comedy film.

5. Don't Be Afraid of the Dark
I just watched this movie on Jan. 4th...but it was a 2011 movie. Holy mother of pearl...this was one of the stupidest horror flicks imaginable. I mean...it was utterly pointless and I had no idea what even happened and why things happened. What were those little Gremlin wannabe creatures doing in the house and what was their motive? No one knows. And I didn't care. And the director took the "Dark" part of the title a TAD too seriously. Could not even see the final act of the film.

4. Trespass
This is one of those movies where it's so bad it's good. I mean this is entertainingly bad. It was funny for ALL the wrong reasons. It's a tired premise starring a very tired looking Nic Cage. He is just insanely awful throughout the whole movie...God...what happened to this guy? I can't believe Nicole Kidman agreed to this movie. Maybe it's a sign that her career is on a serious nose dive as well.  So bad. 

3. Season of the Witch
Whoa! Back to back Nic Cage films on my worst of the year list! Seems to be a yearly things these days.  I mean...this move was just like Trespass, comically bad. It's a great movie for the Riff Trax/Mystery Science Theater guys to rip apart. 

2. Hobo With A Shotgun. 
I bet none of you have ever heard of this movie right? Well I barely did until a friend of mine and I came across it on Netflix and decided to watch this piece of crap movie. So, so, so, so bad. I think it's supposed to be a throwback to the old Grindhouse films. So maybe that audience will like this, but for people like me...this was pure trash.

1. Sanctum
This was the first movie in a long time that I truly wanted to walk out of the theater half way through it. Stupidest piece of garbage movie I've seen in years. Cheesiest lines. Horrible acting. Pointless movie. Hated it. Ugh.

2 comments:

  1. i sort of agree with you, i like nic cage and i know he is looking like he doesn't want to be there in half the shots. i hope when national treasure three comes out that he re-invents himself... and what was wrong with hobo, i liked the idea and the retro art. i also liked captain america and fast five, i like those types of films.

    Jeremy [Retro-Zombie]
    Visit The Madness:
    IZOMBIE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, actors are always re-inventing themselves...and there is still plenty of time for Nic Cage to do so. He sort of did a few years back in Kick Ass, which he was great in. Here's the thing for ME about Captain America...I was bored to death with it. A lot people from my theater actually were yawning and one guy even yelled out "holy crap can SOMETHING happen in this movie!?". Stylistically it looked awesome. But I was just personally very disappointed with the outcome. My take on Fast Five should be taken with a grain of salt, as I've never seen the other ones. I'm not a Vin Diesel fan either. I just could not get into it. It did have some cool action scenes though. And for me...Hobo...was just silly. I know it was supposed to be silly. I respect the nod to Grindhouse films too...but I don't know...it was just to much for me. But it's just one mans opinion, lol.

    ReplyDelete