Search This Blog

Saturday, May 29, 2010

2010 Review #14: MacGruber



Rated R
(strong crude and sexual content, violence, language and some nudity)
1 hour 30 minutes

Storyline:
Ex-special operative MacGruber is called back into action to take down his archenemy, Dieter Von Cunth, who's in possession of a nuclear warhead and bent on destroying Washington, D.C. Based off of a SNL skit.

Cast:

F

My Grade:
F+

I can't talk to long about this movie, so I'm only going to a paragraph review. This movie doesn't warrant an in depth film review because this movie has nothing really to review. This is a film based off a SNL skit, that I've never seen. Honestly this skit should have stayed on TV, this was not meant to be extended into a 90 minute feature film. This movie was barely funny in my eyes. It had the same few jokes throughtout the whole film, they just kept recycling them. It was either some gay oral sex joke or a joke about celery in someones ass. Even for a spoof type film, there was no spoof essence at all...at least not that I could see. It was painful to watch at times, and I maybe let out a short and small chuckle once or twice...but this movie was just so bad. Will Forte is kind of funny here, but ugh...he was extruciating to watch at times. Kristin Wiig is usually reliable but not here. What the hell is Ryan Phillippe doing in this movie?? And all I can say is...poor Val Kilmer. To me...this movie was a total dud. I really didn't like it. For a comedy...it lacked any real...comedy.

4 comments:

  1. Oh jeez, I have to admit, I hate the skits on SNL. Why in the world do a whole movie about it??? Argh! You really took one for the team to see this one! Better you than me, buddy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This movie looked stupid just by the previews.....so I guess I was right on this one. You should have seen "Sex and the City 2" with us girls, lol. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eww...I had to suffer through that first crappy movie with YOUR son Julie!! LOL. He is the one who dragged me to see it...of all the people in the world lol. I'd rather watch MacGruber again than watch Sex and the City.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whatever Mikey, your loss, lol...

    ReplyDelete