Search This Blog

Monday, November 16, 2009

2009 Review #54: Adoration


Adoration

Rated R
(Language)
1 hour 41 minutes

Storyline:
For his French-class assignment, a high school student weaves his family history in a news story involving terrorism, and goes on to invite an Internet audience in on the resulting controversy.

Starring:
Scott Speedman
Rachel Blanchard
Kenneth Welsh
Devon Bostick

Critics Grade:
C+

My Grade:
B-

Oops, I just realized I watched this movie like three or four days ago and forgot to review it. Well I'm going to keep this review very short, so I'm sorry in advance.

This was definitely a good movie. It was certainly well made and had some fairly good performances all around. The first two acts of the film were the best aspects of the story. It was really interesting and I found it to be quite captivating. However, the last act of the film seemed to spiral downwards in a direction I was disappointed by quite honestly. I almost felt like the first two thirds did not tie in to the "climatic" last third. All the events in the beginning and middle seemed to just be forgotten about by the end. Maybe I missed something, which is certainly a possibility but...as of now I did not understand why the movie concluded the way it did without really wrapping the whole story up. They hinted at this teacher being fired, and the boy being caught for what he was doing but we never actually see this happen, it's as if it all just a minor after thought. Even though it was the prominent aspect of the story.

So I don't know. I'm not really knocking the overall film, because for the most part it was actually pretty good. This isn't a movie everyone is going to see, I just happened to find it on Netflix one day and thought I'd check it out. If you are into indy type dramas with fairly unknown casts...I'd say sure...check this movie out. Otherwise, most people I know wouldn't care a less for this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment