Search This Blog

Monday, November 16, 2009

2009 Review #53: Dance Flick



Rated PG-13
(crude and sexual content throughout, and language)
1 hour 24 minutes

Storyline
:
Spoof comedy about Street dancer Thomas Uncles is from the wrong side of the tracks, but his bond with the beautiful Megan White might help the duo realize their dreams as the enter in the mother of all dance battles.

Starring:
Shoshana Bush
Damon Wayans Jr.
Critics Grade:
F-

My Grade:
D-

OK so I admit...I was bored. Also Netflix is being totally stupid about sending me movies, everything is a "Long Wait". So I was partially desperate to have them send me ANYTHING. So...I got Dance Flick, the new spoof comedy from the Wayan's family that basically spoofs all those great dance movies out there. Now I typically don't like these movies after the great travesties called "Meet the Spartans" and "Disaster Movie" but what the hell...you have to watch a dumb movie every once in a while right? Right??? Anyone????

Dance Flick is just that...a really dumb movie. It's hard to review a spoof movie though, because they are intentionally bad. They have intentially corny storylines and intentionally bad acting. I'm cool with that. These movies bank on their styles of humor and hope that they can make audiences laugh. I'll admit...I laughed more in this movie that those other two garbage films I listed above. Not saying much though, because I only laughed about four or five times. The rest of the jokes were all so cliched and just so bad. I mean really really bad. Really outdated and so forced that it just stunk up the whole movie.

So I'm not going to ramble on to much about it. This movie has some good funny moments, but a rare few. That's why I didn't give it an F grade. I've actually seen worse movies than this, this year. Believe it or not! At least it was kind of entertaining...at least that's what I keep telling myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment