Search This Blog

Sunday, April 22, 2012

2012 Review #22: Ice Quake (Straight to DVD)


Ice Quake

Rated TV PG
1 Hour 31 Minutes

Starring

Brendan Fehr
Holly Elissa
Victor Garber

Story

Beneath the Alaskan landscape, the melting permafrost is about to drastically alter the tranquil scenery. As the permafrost thaws, underground rivers of volatile liquid Methane are created, causing a succession of violent and destructive earthquakes. It's a race against time to stop the deadly rivers before they lead to a catastrophic explosion that threatens the planet.

My Grade

D-

OK I won't waste much time on this review. This was a movie that premiered on TV and is now on DVD. Yes, I do sometimes like to watch these little straight to TV/DVD movies because on a rare occasion you find a nice little gem. Well, I didn't find one here. Ice Quake is a dumb little disaster movie that is more disastrous that I think it meant to be. It kind of reminded me of movies like "Dante's Peak" and "Volcano" just this time dealing with ice and snow. I mean, I feel terrible for ripping a movie like this apart, but how can you not right? Everything about it is just so silly. Why did Victor Garber (TV's Alias, Titanic) agree to do this? I know he's no big time star or anything, but I thought he was better than this. All the scenes in that military control room were so funny to watch, and not in a good way. They sure no how to tell us when tremor's were happening and doing nothing about it. I didn't care about any of these people in the movie, I wanted them all to die (except for the kids though). I don't have much else to say, it was just stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment