Search This Blog

Monday, December 8, 2008

Fly Me to the Moon

Fly Me to the Moon

Rated G

Running Time: 1 hr 24 mins

Voice Cast:

Tim Curry
Robert Patrick
Kelly Ripa
Christopher Lloyd

Critical Consensus:

** out of *****
(17% Fresh Rating!)

Mikey @ The Movies Official Rating:

** out of *****

The Premise:

Three young houseflies stow away aboard the Apollo 11 flight to the moon.

MY REVIEW


Blah. Man I did not realize how many cruddy animated movies there are these days. I remember when I was a kid and I loved everything that came out because they had stories I was able to understand, or stories I just found funny in my little kid brain. Remember Aladdin? The Lion King? Of course you do! Not only were they funny, but they were incredibly memorable! Those movies will stick with me forever. Who do these filmakers think kids are these days? Do they think kids have no sense of humor, or the opposite of being the most easily amused things on this Earth? Because movies like Space Chimps and now 'Fly Me to the Moon' I honestly don't think would appeal to children. It's also so rare this day and age that children get to watch movies they will remember forever. They don't get to experience movies like Honey I Shrunk the Kids, The Little Rascals, or even the Toy Story films. They are subjected the hollow, un-funny crap like this. Yes they have movies like Wall-E, and Cars and Monsters Inc, but these memorable films are far and few between.



You can probably tell that I didn't really care for this particular film. As an adult watching it with an adult movie watching mindset, it's a pretty bad movie, I won't lie. The story is so weak and the dialog is empty and not funny in the least. I did not laugh once. I never thought voice acting could be bad, but man this was atrocious. I mean this cast provided no energy, it was all so bland. You just don't feel for these characters or even really like them. Now if I'm reviewing it from what I think a kid's movie mindset is...this movie sucks. It's not funny and I don't think it would grab a childs attention like a movie like this should. For a kid this movie in unappealing and they would probably be just as bored with it as I was. It was full of awkward and untense moments as well. In all the scenes where there is danger and suspensful music, the characters are just suddenly are out of their situation within seconds and without even trying. If that makes any sense to you at all.



I just can't recommend this to parents with kids. I mean it vaguely has a message which is why I gave it two stars. It teaches kids to reach for the stars and keep dreaming and one day those dreams will come true as long as you keep trying. So that's an aspect I liked. But it wasn't enough to redeem the movie as a whole. Just skip it folks, there are some better kid flicks out there for your family to enjoy.



To view this film's theatrical trailer, click this link: Fly Me to the Moon

*This is the 155th new film I've seen and reviewed this year.

*This film is now on DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment