Search This Blog

Saturday, July 12, 2008

SHORT REVIEW: Hellboy II: The Golden Army

Hellboy II: The Golden Army (Rated PG-13)

Running time: 1 hr 50 mins

Cast:

Ron Perlman
Selma Blair
Doug Jones
Seth MacFarlane
Jeffrey Tambor

Critical consensus:

***1/2 out of *****

Matt's Take:

C

Mikey @ The Movies Official Rating:

**1/2 out of *****




The premise:

The mythical world starts a rebellion against humanity in order to rule the Earth, so Hellboy and his team must save the world from the rebellious creatures.


MY REVIEW

Some of you may wonder why such a big hit movie like Hellboy II: The Golden Army is getting a short review from me. Basically I was really tired when I watched this movie, I haven't actually seen the first one, and honestly, I didn't care for it that much. There were a lot of good things about the movie. The fight sequences were awesome and all the action moments were explosive and good fun. Special effects were great. The makeup was good to make all these creatures come to life. These monsters and creatures alike are so bizzare. I compare it to a child molding some weird shape out of clay and putting eyes on it, as to how the created these things. So weird. This is an entertaining movie, but the story is weak in my opinion. Was it just me, or does this Hellboy character spend more time in the movie sulking or making jokes then he does caring about the current threat to humanity at hand? Don't get me wrong, he's funny, I just didn't understand his characters prioritys. Maybe I have to see the first one to get it huh? Until then, this movie is fun but weak at heart. Nothing truly stood out for me personally.


CURRENT MIKEY @ THE MOVIES AWARD NOMINATIONS:



  • None

To view this films theatrical trailer, click this link: Hellboy II: The Golden Army

*This is the 57th new film I've seen and reviewed this year.

1 comment:

  1. Nice short review for Hellboy II. My friends have seen it and they said it was much better than the first Hellboy. Ill check it out soon. Nice blog, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete