Search This Blog

Thursday, July 24, 2008

STRAIGHT-TO-DVD SPOTLIGHT: Asylum

ASYLUM

Rated R




Running time: 1 hr 42 mins




DVD Release Date: July 15th

Cast:

Sara Roemer





MY REVIEW


Well listen, it's always kind of fun to watch these really bad straight-to-DVD movies, because you really to get see how incredibly awful a film can get. Asylum is no exception. This is a terrible, terrible film and if ever released in theaters, would have been a massive flop. Thank goodness for Netflix for giving me the ability and strength to watch movies like this. Since I want to be a good film reviewer, I have to stomach all the movies I possibly can including the very worst. I can't be picky!

The plot is very basic: A group of college students are housed in a new dorm that used to be an insane asylum and now the ghost of a psycotic doctor is picking them off one by one. There was never potential in this story to be somewhat of a good movie. I like a good ghost movie, especially a ghost movie that takes place in an abandoned asylum (
Session 9 anyone?). Asylum falls prey to a horrific screenplay, trashy directing and most of all, an extremely horrendous cast. This kind of feels like a high school play gone very, very wrong. My advice is to not watch it unless you want to have a good time with your friends picking apart and laughing at film at it's very worst.



Mikey @ The Movies Official Rating: 0 out of *****



*This is the 67th new film I've seen and reviewed this year.

*This film is now on DVD.

*Straight-to-DVD films do not qualify for my awards.






No comments:

Post a Comment