Search This Blog

Thursday, August 21, 2008

MADE FOR TV SPOTLIGHT: The American Mall



Rated NR
Running time: 1 hr 40 mins
DVD/TV Release Date: August 11th

Cast:

Nina Dobrev



MY REVIEW


The American Mall premiered on MTV a few weeks ago, and was also granted a DVD release. Making it a 2008 released film. Only qualifying for a simple little review from me, and thats all. The American Mall is a movie from the producer of High School Musical. It's about a group of young college bound students running amok in a mall, falling in love, having their hearts broken, and dealing with family issues. The movie never leaves the setting of this mall. If that didn't sound cheesy enough, the film is also a musical. Yes, these teens and twenty somethings break into song more than enough times to make me gag.

At least High School Musical was kind of charming and sweet, while still remaining corny. American Mall is just so overly cliched and ridiculous it got on my nerves. I mean you know exactly what's going to happen to every main character, you know how every storyline is going to end. This totally felt like a Disney movie, yet is from MTV Studios and debuted on the MTV network. I didn't know MTV had a target audience of 9 year olds. But yeah, the story is just so boring and tiresome and really just don't care about any of these characters, the good or bad. I hate to sound awful, but none of these people are what you would describe as being "hot" for a movie like this.

I don't know, but don't waste your time on this one. I suffered through it for the greater good to advise you all not to see it. I cannot stop you from checking it out, nor will I force you not to watch it. Just my opinion that most people I know that read this blog, would not care for this film one single bit.

Mikey @ The Movies Official Rating: *1/2 out of *****

*
This is the 84th new film I've seen and reviewed this year.

*This film is now on DVD.

*Straight to DVD films do not qualify for my awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment