Search This Blog

Sunday, August 3, 2008

SHORT REVIEW: Meet Bill


Meet Bill

Rated R

Running time: 1 hr 37 mins

Cast:

Aaron Eckhart
Elizabeth Banks
Logan Lerman
Jessica Alba

Critical consensus:

*1/2 out of *****

Matt's Take:

B-

Mikey @ The Movies Official Rating:

**1/2 out of *****



The premise:

A guy fed up with his job and married to a cheating wife reluctantly mentors a rebellious teen.

MY REVIEW


Meet Bill starts off as an iteresting drama about a man spiraling out of control. Then a tad more than halfway through and by the end of it all, I just lost interest. I couldn't keep any focus on the story or the characters. The storyline is good about a man who is pushed around by his step-father boss, his wife is cheating on him, hes becoming even more insecure, and wants to venture away from his bank job.

I just feel the character of Bill played well by
Aaron Eckhart (The Dark Knight), becomes a little too obsessive and crazy. Or maybe it was Elizabeth Banks (Meet Dave) character that threw me. She cheats on her husband and has no remorse whatsoever, yet by the end she wants to get back with him. I think it was all to much for me. It was to hard to concentrate on the story after a while. I thought Logan Lerman (3:10 to Yuma, The Number 23) was excellent as Bill's mentoree (spelling?) however.

Not much of a film I'm going to remember even as soon as two days from now, and it's not much a of a movie I could recommend to anyone. It's "good" persay, just nothing all that special. I would just skip it. I don't feel like writing anymore on it at this moment in time.



CURRENT MIKEY @ THE MOVIES AWARDS NOMINATIONS:



  • Best Performance by a Young Actor or Actress (Logan Lerman)

To view this films theatrical trailer, click this link: Meet Bill


*This is the 77th new film I've seen and reviewed this year.

*This film is now on DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment