Search This Blog

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Quid Pro Quo



Rated R

Running time: 1 hr 22 mins

Cast:

Nick Stahl
Vera Farmiga

Critical consensus:

*** out of *****
(66% Fresh Rating!)

Matt's Take:

Has Not Viewed

Mikey @ The Movies Official Rating:

*1/2 out of *****




The premise:

A semi-paralyzed radio reporter is sent out to investigate a story that leads him into an odd subculture and on a journey of disturbing self-realization.

MY REVIEW


I simply did not get this movie. At the end, it just made no sense to me in the least bit. A paralyzed man comes into contact with a group of people known as "wannabees"; people who want to be paralyzed. What?! I don't know if there are people in real life who are like this, but I certainly hope not. The really bad part about this movie, is we get no true insight into these people and why they thrive to spend their lives in wheelchairs. Yet they take it incredibly seriously. Being parazlyzed isn't a gift, it's not convienent I can only imagine. That's why this movie is SO bizzare!

The story moves at a snails pace. The preview makes it look like a thriller, but theres nothing thrilling about it. Nick Stahl's (Terminator 3) character meets and falls for a woman played by Vera Famiga (The Departed) who desperately wants to be in a wheelchair. She wants to feel it. She is actually envious of Nick Stahl. At one point in the movie, she decides to go "public" with her wheelchair. Look I don't even know what to say, her character, moreover, this story was ridiculous. Stahl was his usual self, not bad at all. A little overdramatic if you ask me, but thats what this ludicrous story calls for I guess. Famiga was just terrible in my opinion. Overacted almost every scene she was in. Dreadful.

Theres a "twist" at the end I guess you can say. I kind of saw it coming. They didn't do much with it, the movie kind of just faded away. To call this film one of the worst of the year would be going a little to far, but listen, its a dreadful film that I don't recommend to anyone.

To view this films theatrical trailer, click this link: Quid Pro Quo

*This is the 90th new film I've seen and reviewed this year.

*This film is now on DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment