Search This Blog

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Disaster Movie



Rated PG-13

Running time: 1 hr 30 mins

Cast:

Matt Lanter
Vanessa Minnilo
G. Thang




Critical consensus:

1/2 out of *****
(0% Fresh Rating!)

Matt's Take:

F

Mikey @ The Movies Official Rating:

0 out of *****






The premise:

Over the course of one evening, an unsuspecting group of twenty-somethings find themselves bombarded by a series of natural disasters and catastrophic events.

MY REVIEW


If you want some long review on this film please go to my good buddy Matt's page (the link is above). He did enough reviewing of this film for the both of us. Disaster Movie, and I hate to sound cliche, is a purely disasterous film on every single level.

There was virtually NOTHING funny about any of the incredibly random jokes that just made no sense for this film. Why do movies like this insist on throwing in jokes that only Jr. High kids in 1997 would find funny? Most, if not ALL of these jokes are so unbelievably outdated. Some are just pointless and go on WAY to effing long! That Hannah Montana scene...I almost wanted to kill myself and Matt in a murder-suicide to end our suffering. Man! That joke litterally went on for maybe 8 minutes. Or how about the joke about the 2008 film, Wanted? Yeah, it went on for about 2 minutes more than it needed to. It wasn't funny to begin with. This movie is just FULL of crap jokes like this. FULL of them I tell you!

The characters were all so...UGH! This is a classy review, let me tell you! I can't even finish sentences. We have a Dr. Phil who you wouldn't have even known was supposed to be Dr. Phil if he hadn't said his name. A sabertooth Amy Winehouse, a black midget Indiana Jones, the Sex and the City girls with Carrie played by a man, the list goes on. The most annoying character that was in most of the film was the "Juno" character. We get the fact that Juno was a sarcastic teen...do you need to remind us every 5 seconds of this film? Not only did this actress completely overstay her welcome as the character, but her impersonation of her was dumb. She would say something overly witty (and not in a funny way), and then her friends in the film would point out how annyoying and witty she is...at least 20 times in the film. WE GET IT!!

I have to admit, I DID have to hold back laughter in the movie. I refused to actually laugh at something in the movie, but I agree with Matt that the Enchanted girl was the funniest part of the movie. Most of the film she was in, was actually kind of funny. The fact they made her a drugged out princess and not from some fantasy world, was quite humorous. She never got on my nerves, but again, I held back laughter. I just couldn't do it. I could not laugh at garbage film that I didn't even pay for.

Was this "better" than Meet the Spartans, well I would have to say......


To view this films theatrical trailer: Disaster Movie

*This is the 94th new film I've seen and reviewed this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment