Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

STRAIGHT-TO-DVD SPOTLIGHT: I Could Never Be Your Woman



Rated PG-13
Running time: 1 hr 37 mins
DVD Release Date: February 26th





MY REVIEW


I feel like I've seen a slew of romantic comedies in the past few weeks, and that is so very much unlike me. I don't need to tell you anymore how much these moves irritate me for not being fresh or original. Just when I thought I was about to jump off the chick flick cliff, I see this movie. Now don't get me wrong, this film is not great or all that original. It plays out kind of like an unnofficial story of Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher. This movie is about an older woman played by Pfeiffer, whos a TV producer who falls for a younger actor played by Rudd. Yes we have seen it before in movies and real life. But at least this movie had some charm to it, it had some genuine funny moments.

I feel like this movie told a pretty realistic story and I appreciate that. While I don't ever care about realism in a film, it's nice to every once in a while watch a movie that at least attempts it. But like I said, it's not really all that good of a movie, but it is good enough for me to recommend it to those girls out there who like a good chick flick. I personally would never watch it again, but still, its decent. Pfeiffer is good for the most part, as she basically plays herself. She had a few moments in the movie where she was a little to over the top for her own good. Otherwise, she was good. Rudd has always been a reliable funny guy when he chooses the right role. This role fit him perfectly, and he was once again charming and hillarious.

So yeah ladies, if you want to cuddle up on the couch and eat a pint of ice cream or whatever it is you girls do these days, and watch a movie, I would suggest this one.

Mikey @ The Movies Official Rating:
**1/2 out of *****




To view this film's trailer, click this link: Never Be Your Woman


*This is the 112th new film I've seen and reviewed this year.

*This film is now on DVD.

*Straight-To-DVD films do not qualify for my awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment