Search This Blog

Sunday, October 5, 2008

DOCUMENTARY FEATURE: Young @ Heart



Rated PG
Running time: 1 hr 49 mins


Mikey @ The Movies Official Rating: Coming Soon....


Subject Matter:


A story of the Young at Heart Chorus, a group of senior citizens who perform contemporary and classic rock and pop songs.


MY REVIEW

Well I won't ramble on to much in this review. Young @ Heart is just as fun and charming as the preview lets on. A group of elderly people sing in a chorus, performing current and classing rock songs. The chorus instructor does a very good job handling these older misfits, because it appeared to be a very stressful and frustrating job. But that's where a lot of the comedy comes from. It was just a very entertaining look and a very interesting concept. I don't know if I'd ever pay to see them in concert, but this movie was good enough for me!

It wasn't all happiness though. This documentary tends to get a bit sad and depressing. You have a few people passing away from the group, and you feel so hurt by it. But such is life right? I do recommend this cute little documentary to anyone though. I think anyone can find some kind of fun and entertainment from it, I know I sure did!


To view this film's trailer, click this link: Young at Heart


*This is the 125th new film I've seen and reviewed this year.

*This film is now on DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment