Search This Blog

Thursday, October 30, 2008

War, Inc.



Rated R


Running time: 1 hr 47 mins

Cast:



Critical Consensus:

** out of *****
(30% Fresh Rating!)


Mikey @ The Movies Official Rating:

** out of *****

The Premise
:


John Cusack heads the cast as professional ice man Brand Hauser, who's paid by a private corporation's brass to take out the competition -- a Middle East oil minister -- while masquerading as a trade-show director. But not all goes according to plan when fetching field reporter Natalie Hegalhuzen (Marisa Tomei) sidetracks the young assassin. Hilary Duff, Ben Kingsley and Joan Cusack also star in this outrageous satire.


MY REVIEW



I'm going to keep this one short. There really is nothing all that special about War, Inc. This movie is just full of forgettable moments. I honestly forgot the first half of the way while watching the second half. I don't even know if I can clearly tell you what I thought this movie was about. To me it just seemed like there was a LOT going on, and it was moving a little to fast for me to comprehend. I understand that it's a political satire, and honestly I didn't get half of the fun. I did laugh a few times, it had some humorous moments.

I was a bit disturbed by Hilary Duff's (TV's Lizzie McGuire, A Cinderella Story) performance and character. I mean she is a beloved Disney Channel star even to this day, and in this movie she portrays a vulgar russian slut. Sorry for the harsh words, but that's what she is here. And I think that really made me uncomfortable. I guess any performer can leave their comfort zone and go to the extremes huh? I just hope her young fans don't catch this movie, because it can severely tarnish her image. I liked John Cusask (Identity, High Fidelity) here but he did get a little carried away with the performance at times. I think the only performance I truly loved was that of Oscar nominee Joan Cusask (In & Out, Working Girl) who has now appeared in 10 movies with brother John. She was her usual self here, which is usually something crazy and different. She made me laugh almost every time she was on screen!

I don't know, I just can't say I "liked" this movie. I really didn't hate it by any means, theres just nothing about that stands out. Nothing that I can say "wow, that was brilliant!" too. War, Inc. is just another film cycling through the world that probably a lot of people won't see. It certainly isn't a movie I think many will remember if they do see it.



To view this film's theatrical trailer, click this link: War, Inc.

*This is the 141st new film I've seen and reviewed this year.

*This film is now on DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment