Search This Blog

Monday, March 5, 2012

Box Office Surprise!




So just last week I posted my thoughts on how this weekends box office would turn out. Well, I was right about who would be number one...but I am here to admit I was WAY wrong with how much that movie would make.

Dr. Seuss' The Lorax took in 70.7 million dollars this weekend. In my blog I had guessed it would make somewhere over 20 million. First, I didn't account for the 3D aspect. But most importantly I didn't think the film had those kind of legs going out of the gate. I know animated films are usually pretty popular, especially with families with children, but I just didn't anticipate The Lorax to be that big.

I was right about the top 3 though. Project X was 2nd with 20 million and Act of Valor dropped to number 3 with 13 million.

I didn't end up seeing any movies this weekend, I was feeling to lazy to drive to the theater. But next weekend will be different I hope. I want to see "Silent House" and maybe I'll squeeze in The Lorax as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment