Search This Blog

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Goodbye "30 Rock"


So I have finally decided to sever ties with a TV show this season. I need to trim down the amount of television I watch anyway. As of today I'm saying goodbye to the crew at TGS and am no longer going to watch NBC's "30 Rock". It's been racking my brain all season long as to what the hell has happened to this show. The past few years have been on a steady decline into the land of unfunny-ness. Watching the show this season has felt almost like a chore. Like, I've been watching it out of loyalty for a show that once was. Well, it's time to call it quits unfortunately. It's time to say goodbye to Liz and Jack, Tracey and Kenneth and Jenna. It's just not funny to me anymore. It's very sad, because "30 Rock" used to be the premiere comedy on TV for several seasons. Then shows like Community and Modern Family came around and took over the reins. It's like taking a broken horse out back to shoot it (too soon...given the whole "Luck" fiasco??).

Goodbye "30 Rock"...expect to see "The Office" in the land of shows forgotten in my brain very shortly.

 

2 comments:

  1. I stopped watching it too. First of all it is on the same time as The Big Bang Theory and that show is so much better. Second of all, it just isn't funny or interesting anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I don't watch Big Bang Theory...but I should check it out one day, cause it gets a LOT of hype. And yeah...30 Rock just isn't funny at ALL anymore. I didn't even laugh last week. Maybe I just lost my sense of humor. Sad, cause it used to be THE go to funny show on TV.

    ReplyDelete