Search This Blog

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Definitely, Maybe

Definitely, Maybe (Rated PG-13)

Running Time: 1 hr 52 mins


Cast:


Ryan Reynolds
Isla Fischer
Abagail Breslin
Rachel Weiz


Critical consensus (www.rottentomatoes.com):

*** out of *****


My consensus:

* out of *****


The premise: A political consultant tries to explain his impending divorce and past relationships to his 11-year-old daughter.


My review: I am shocked by the overall critical rave this film received! It's almost disgusting. I truly disliked this film. It is riddled with cliche after cliche of girl movie B.S. I personally didn't find myself caring about any of the characters. The fact that it was a big mystery until the end, who the mother of the little girl was, was stupid considering how it turned out. I didn't give a crap who the real mother was halfway through this movie. I just wanted it to be over! Again, my opinons on these types of movies should be looked at very lightly, seeing as how I usually am revolted by the genre. They rarely suprise me in a good way. The only true bright spots to the movie were the charming Isla Fischer (The Lookout) and young Oscar nominee Abagail Breslin (Little Miss Sunshine). But sadly, their performances could not save this film. Yuck.


My advice: Definitely, maybe Skip it!

No comments:

Post a Comment