Search This Blog

Friday, June 20, 2008

Speed Racer

Speed Racer (Rated PG)

Running time: 2 hrs 15 mins

Cast:

Emile Hirsch
Christina Ricci
Matthew Fox
John Goodman
Susan Sarandon

Critical consensus (www.rottentomatoes.com)

**1/2 out of *****

My consensus:

** out of *****


The premise: Based off the hit animated show set in the future, Speed Racer follows a young man in his quest to become the ultimate race car driver.

My review: Speed Racer is a little too flashy, a little to fast, and a little to colorful for my liking. I felt like this films central character was the special effects, since the entire movie seems to be one giant effect. I think I was way to distracted by all the fast moving cars and colors to pay much attention to the story and characters. I got the jist of it, but the film was just deluded with technical stuff that I didn't care anymore. I never really watched the show, so I wasn't jumping for joy for this movie. It has a good cast, and the effects are pretty decent I just wish they were more subdued. If this in fact geared towards families and children, they should have considered the running time. At 2 hours and 15 minutes, it runs 40 minutes longer than a kid flick should be. Poor editing I guess? I don't know. I didn't care for it.

1 comment:

  1. I love speed.I am crazy about racing.Its one of my kind my movie.Those who like racing its just perfect watch.So its ossam movie for me.Thanks for showing us this movie.

    ReplyDelete