Search This Blog

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Shutter

Shutter (Rated PG-13)

Running time: 1 hr 25 mins

Cast:


Joshua Jackson
Rachel Taylor


Critical consensus (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/):

*1/2 out of *****

My consensus:

** out of *****



The premise: A newly married couple discovers disturbing, ghostly images in photographs they develop after a tragic accident. Fearing the manifestations may be connected, they investigate and learn that some mysteries are better left unsolved.


My review: Here we have our third American made, Japanese film ripoff. It's no the worst one of the three, in fact it's sort of in the middle. It isn't awful but isn't really a movie I can categorize as being...good. All it is, is decent. It follows the same formula as every other one of these types of films, so what more can you honesly expect from it or any other film of its kind to follow? I'm getting tired of these movies though. I want a horror film, especially one about ghosts, to be scary. Shutter is not scary. And you know fully well how this movie is going to end if you ever seen any other horror movie of this type. The one thing I liked about it, was the creepy ghost pictures. Real or not, they did a good job at making them. Yikes, is that all I can say about this movie? I guess so.


My advice: Eh, you've seen it before, Skip it!

No comments:

Post a Comment