Search This Blog

Friday, June 20, 2008

Iron Man

Iron Man (Rated PG-13)

Running time: 2 hrs 6 mins

Cast:

Robert Downey Jr.
Jeff Bridges
Gwyneth Paltrow
Terrence Howard

Critical consensus (www.rottentomatoes.com):

**** out of *****

My consensus:

***** out of *****








The premise:
When wealthy industrialist Tony Stark is forced to build an armored suit after a life-threatening incident, he ultimately decides to use its technology to fight against evil.


My review: Iron Man is hands down one of the best superhero movies to date. I may even rank it on my own personal chart as being the best one I've ever seen. The character of Iron Man intrigues me. He isn't a superhero created by some other worldly force, he created himself. I don't read comics, so I don't know the mythology of all these current and future film superheroes but as of now I'm more interested in learning about Iron Man. The story in this film is great! He creates this superhero persona to fight off the evil that his 'human' persona created. Simple and brilliant! The action scenes are top notch, they are incredibly entertaining! This movie never lets down, I was into it from opening credits to end credits. It really grabs you and it was just so much fun. Robert Downey Jr. is really resurrecting his career as of late. With films such as Zodiac and Charlie Bartlett, he has delivered some of the finest yet underrated performances of the past few years. Jeff Bridges does well as the super-villain, he is creepy and borderline sadistic, especially with that beard. If you are one of the few people in this country who hasn't seen this film, get off your butt and see it!




1 comment:

  1. After reading your review I am pretty excited about this movie. Your review is really interesting and made me go crazy for this movie. I have the idea that this movie is not good but now I will definitely watch it. Thanks.
    movie forums

    ReplyDelete