Search This Blog

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Untraceable



Untraceable (Rated R)


Running time: 1 hr 41 mins


Cast:


Diane Lane
Billy Burke
Collin Hanks


Critical consensus (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/):


** out of *****


My consensus:


**1/2 out of *****




The premise: FBI agent Jennifer Marsh is tasked with hunting down a seemingly untraceable serial killer who posts live videos of his victims on the Internet. As time runs out, the cat and mouse chase becomes more personal.


My review: Untraceable is forgettable and in a nutshell, that's the films major malfunction. It has a very intriguing storyline for a cyber-crime thriller, one that I could forsee happening in real life. Sad, but true. So you have this cool premise, and then you have Oscar nominee Diane Lane (Unfaithful) whom I've always admired as an under-appreciated actress. Now you would think those two things would make a good movie, and they almost do. The downfall, as I said before, is it's forgettable, because it's so incredibly slow-paced. I feel like nothing gets acomplished for long periods of time in the movie. There were certain scenes (the whole crime team sitting and watching people die, while none of them are doing work to find this victim) that just confused me. Ultimately, the pieces were all there for a good crime thriller, except the puzzle just wasn't put together correctly.


My advice: An iffy, Skip It!


*This film is now on DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment