Search This Blog

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Rambo

Rambo (Rated R)


Running time: 1 hr 31 mins


Cast:


Sylvester Stallone
Julie Benz


Critical consensus (www.rottentomatoes.com):


** out of *****


My consensus:


0 out of *****



The premise: In Thailand, John Rambo joins a group of mercenaries to venture into war-torn Burma, and rescue a group of Christian aid workers who were kidnapped by the ruthless local infantry unit.

My review: No state secret, I absolutely hated this movie. For me personally, there was almost no redeeming factor for this. The screenplay and directing by stallone was atrocious. The performances, mainly from Stallone and Julie Benz are some of the years worst. The story in this film of the horrors going on on the other side of the world is real life, and it's sad. But this movie somehow glorifies it and makes it an entertainment. Now yes, the action scenes are for the most part, darn good fun. They are loud, fast paced, and gory. A lot of the times, a little too gory for my taste in action. But those scenes were the only thing that did it for me. The rest of the film was pure crap...in my opinion.

My advice: Skip it!


*This film is now on DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment