Search This Blog

Friday, June 20, 2008

Baby Mama

Baby Mama (Rated PG-13)

Running time: 1 hr 39 mins

Cast:

Tina Fey
Amy Poehler
Greg Kinnear
Dax Shepard

Critical consensus (www.rottentomatoes.com):

*** out of *****

My consensus:

** out of *****








The premise: A successful, single businesswoman who dreams of having a baby discovers she is infertile and hires a working class woman to be her unlikely surrogate.

My review:
There isn't a whole lot to be said about Baby Mama. The movie shows brief moments of charm, but ultimately falls flat and forgettable. I wish Tina Fey would have actually wrote the film, she's a great, witty writer (Mean Girls, Saturday Night Live), but instead Michael McCullers screenplays becomes another clichéd and predictable baby comedy. Don't get me wrong, there are definitely moments where I genuinely laughed, due part to Tina Fey’s great delivery, and Amy Poehlers off the wall character. But sadly, that's really all the movie had going for it. I expected more, but was disappointed in the long run.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot for sharing this review. I do have planned to watch this movie but now after knowing so much about this movie I dropped my plan. I am grateful to you for saving my time and money too.

    ReplyDelete