Search This Blog

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Run Fatboy Run

Run Fatboy Run (Rated PG-13)

Running time: 1 hr 40 mins

Cast:

Simon Pegg
Thandie Newton
Hank Azaria


Critical consensus (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/):


**1/2 out of *****


My consensus:


** out of *****



The premise: Five years after jilting his pregnant fiancée on their wedding day, out-of-shape Dennis decides to run a marathon to win her back.


My review: I guess I was half expecting some ridiculous movie like "Shaun of the Dead" or "Hot Fuzz". And I mean ridiculous in a good way, at least when it comes to "Shaun of the Dead". I enjoyed that film, it was good times! But what I mean is, I was anticipating the same humor featured in those films, to be a big part of Run Fatboy Run. I was dissapointed to find out, that this was your standard run of the mill comedy. No slapstick, no off the wall jokes, no poking fun at other movies. This was almost a family comedy. So I was let down by it in the end. Don't get me wrong, the story here isn't bad, its kind of cute actually. But you kind of have to take this movie seriously by the end of the story, I don't know I just didn't get it. A shame.


My advice: A marginal, Skip it!

No comments:

Post a Comment