Search This Blog

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Strange Wilderness

Strange Wilderness (Rated R)

Running time: 1 hr 27 mins


Cast:


Steve Zahn
Ashley Scott
Justin Long
Jonah Hill


Critical Consensus (www.rottentomatoes.com):


1/2 * out of *****


My consensus:


*** out of *****



The premise: With the ratings dropping for a wilderness-themed TV show, two animal fans go to the Andes in search of Bigfoot.


My review: Strange Wilderness is not a family friendly comedy. Do not take the kids. It is vulgar and full of raunch. There are numerous sex and genetalia jokes (however does not compare to the raunch and filth of "Knocked Up"). However, they somehow tone down the filth for long enough periods of time to provide us with actual witty and clever comedy. It has a corny story with cheesey but fun performances; its predictable, blah blah. But when it comes down to it, this movie entertains, it's hillarious. It's humor would probably only appeal to my generation, and not so much my generations parents or older siblings. So I honesly can recommend this film, to the right audience.


My advice: See it!


*This film is now on DVD.


No comments:

Post a Comment