Search This Blog

Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Eye

The Eye (Rated PG-13)

Running time: 1 hr 38 mins


Cast:


Jessica Alba
Alessandro Nivola
Parker Posey


Critical consensus (www.rottentomatoes.com):


** out of *****


My consensus:


***1/2 out of *****



The premise: The remake of the Hong Kong film "Jian Gui", a woman who receives an eye transplant that allows her to see into the supernatural world.


My review: I am just as shocked by my opinion of this film as you may be. Yes, it's another remake from an asian film. Yes, it has the same formula of all the rest of them: a horryfing and paranormal event happens to a American because of some awful event that happened in the past to some person not from America, and now this affected American has to solve the mystery of said persons past. Did you get all that? OK, well thats how almost all of these Japanese remakes happen. I honestly don't know what it is about this particular movie that really peaked my interest. I think I just enjoyed the story more than the premise of "One Missed Call" or "Shutter". Jessica Alba was OK, still a pretty bland actress, but nonetheless, she's improving.


My advice: See it!


*This film is now on DVD.

1 comment:

  1. I like the whole premises of this movie. The story was also above average and so was the performances. I do also collected a DVD to have a copy in my collection.

    ReplyDelete