Search This Blog

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Jumper

Jumper (Rated PG-13)

Running time: 1 hr 28 mins


Cast:


Hayden Christensen
Jamie Bell
Samuel L. Jackson


Critical consensus (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/):


** out of *****


My consensus:


**1/2 out of *****



The premise: A genetic anomaly allows a young man to teleport himself anywhere. He discovers this gift has existed for centuries and finds himself in a war that has been raging for thousands of years between "Jumpers" and those who have sworn to kill them.


My review: Jumper falls a little short of being a really good action film. I love the concept of the movie. I just don't think the filmakers did all they absolutely could with the material they were given. There were some really cool moments of the "jumping" scenes. There was a really good fight sequence between both main "jumpers" Hayden Christensen (Star Wars Episode II and III) and Jamie Bell (Billy Elliot, King Kong), and the special effects were quite a spectacle. But when it comes to the story, I don't think the writers quite reached the potential awesomeness. The movie isn't 'bad' by any means, it's very entertaining in fact. I just wish it was more well-rounded as an action film. Samuel L. Jackon was pretty good as the baddy, but I think they should have found another actor, maybe a slightly younger, less pudgy one. But thats just me.


My advice: For entertainment purposes, See it!






1 comment:

  1. I am not at all feeling to watch this movie as I didn't find anything special in this movie after reading your review. Its better to leave this movie and try to find some other option to entertain myself.

    ReplyDelete