Search This Blog

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears A Who!

Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears A Who! (Rated G)

Running time: 1 hr 28 mins

Voice Cast:

Jim Carrey
Steve Carell
Carol Burnett
Will Arnett

Critical consensus (
www.rottentomatoes.com):

***1/2 out of *****

My consensus:

****1/2 out of ****



The premise: Horton the Elephant struggles to protect a microscopic community from his neighbors who refuse to believe it exists.

My review: This is an excellent movie. One of the better animated films I've seen recently. I feel like it stayed true to the world of Dr. Seuss and that's all you can ask for. You don't over analyze a movie like this, it's geared towards kids for goodness sakes. With it being a childrens film, I thought the writing was outstanding, the story was sweet, and I loved all these crazy characters. Great voice over work by Jim Carrey and Steve Carell! This is just a really solid, fun movie that I would recommend for anyone of any age!


My advice: Definitely See it!


No comments:

Post a Comment