Search This Blog

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Forgetting Sarah Marshall (Rated R) *Male and female nudity*

Running time: 1 hr 52 mins


Cast:


Jason Segel
Kristen Bell
Mila Kunis
Russell Brand


Critical consensus (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/):


***1/2 out of *****


My consensus:


**** out of *****



The premise: Devastated Peter takes a Hawaii vacation in order to deal with recent break-up with his TV star girlfriend, Sarah. Little does he know Sarah's traveling to the same resort as her ex ... and she's bringing along her new boyfriend.


My review: We have another raunchy sex comedy from the Judd Apatow crew (Knocked Up, 40-Year Old Virgin). I wasn't a huge fan of the teams previous work, but I found myself enjoying this one. Let me put it out there, that I hate this type of comedy. I don't find sex jokes and nudity to be all that funny, I guess I prefer the more down to earth, clean humor. But unlike "Knocked Up" which was riddled with disgusting humor at almost every turn, this film makes its story the main focus and the sex humor is slightly put on the back burner. I liked the story of this movie, it was cutesy and funny. There was a lot of excellent writing that I found to be hillarious. The comedic timing of star Jason Segel (Knocked Up, 'How I Met Your Mother') was spot on and his supporting cast was just as good. I especially loved newcomer Russell Brand he started off kinda quiet, but in the second half of the film he was one of the funniest parts of the whole movie. And of course, the movie has its share of great cameos: Jonah Hill, Paul Rudd, etc. This is a great movie that more than tip toes over that raunch line, but it still works.


My advice: See it!

No comments:

Post a Comment